Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ten More Things


Top Ten Thank Yous to Patrick
    10. Thank you for living in Portland, Oregon.

    9. Thank you for introducing me to camping.

    8. Thank you for a house that I have been able to make into a home.

    7. Thank you for needing your children to have a stay-at-home mother as much as I needed to be one.

    6. Thank you for seeing in black and white – it gave me grey.

    5. Thank you for pulling the rug out from under me – standing up made me aware that I have two perfectly good two feet of my very own.

    4. Thank you for questioning my beliefs – it helped me to clarify them.

    3. Thank you for helping me acquire the insight I need for my new job.

    2. Thank you for breaking my heart – it gave it room to expand.

    1. Thank you for my children.

6 comments:

Amber said...

What a great post, and wonderful gratitude. Beautiful! I shoudl write a list like this to my parents...

:)

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Amen times 10.

molly said...

Boy, you really are sticking with your decision to be positive rather than negative. I think you're on to something. I've always heard, but haven't heeded enough, that the only thing you can change is your own attitude.....I especially like your positive take on having your heart broken!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I know that bones that have been broken heal stronger than ever, and my own life has taught me that this is also the way of hearts.

You and your thoughts are beautiful, and your children are most blessed in having you to guide them into their own lives.

Children - yes. They are always the gifts of marriage that keep on giving forever, no matter what.

Wanda said...

You. Love.

I'm gonna have to try this list thing. Oh, wait...I have to be blogging to do a list.

Anonymous said...

And thank you for sharing this with me.