Sunday, August 31, 2008

When I Dare To Be Powerful


I’ve been floundering.
Desperately trying to figure out what it is that I am supposed to be doing.
Actually, to be precise, I’ve been desperately trying to figure out what it is I am supposed to be being.

I thought, perhaps, prayer would help.
So I’ve been praying.

And the Universe has listened.

And answered.

This quote has been placed in front of me no less than three times in the past two weeks.

“When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision – then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
Audre Lourde


Three times…in three completely unrelated places…in three totally different circumstances.

Damn!

Can anyone decipher Universe?

6 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I don't think the Universe needs deciphering, my sweet friend, She seems pretty clear to me! Know your vision - then follow it - and to hell with fear. Fear is TFBS. You, are not.

molly said...

Funny that. I'm so dense sometimes that it takes three times, often more, of seeing the answer under my nose.....

Wanda said...

Aye. You are that. If you find a dictionary that allows you to decipher the Universe, may I borrow it? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm scared of the power within me, scared it will overwhelm me.

And if figure it out, please let me know. K?

Anonymous said...

It is what it is.

Kapuananiokalaniakea said...

Carrie,
Ah, and therein lies the conundrum...double vision!

Molly,
Yes, and when it's right under my nose, I'm cross-eyed and that darned old double vision thing happens!

Wanda,
My books are your books!

Deb,
The power within you is you...it will not overwhelm.

Karen,
Yes, it is!