Friday, March 21, 2008

6 Words


Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are all extremely busy. In order to make their lives a little easier, I have often volunteered to do some of the leg work for them.

This year, the Easter Bunny asked that I research books that might be appropriate to include in my children's Easter baskets and to make recommendations. In the past, I have been able to plumb the depths of my memory to come up with several good suggestions. This year, my memory banks are frighteningly bare. The recesses of my mind, which should be filled with useful information, instead feel as though they are sucked dry, swept by tumbleweeds and sun parched wind.

Unwilling to admit defeat to my favorite of bunnies, I jumped on line and began perusing the stacks at powellsbooks.com. I was able to find several good choices, which I have passed along to the Bunny so that she can make her selection.

In the search process, I came across a book entitled Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure.

Interesting.

It got me to thinking about my six words. I could feel them bubbling, prickling my consciousness, until they burst forth in an explosion of light.

Plagued by miracles and blessed mistakes.

What are your six words?

8 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Woman that no one could quiet.


BTW, the EASTER Bunny is your favorite of bunnies? We need to talk, AND take a field trip! There are MUCH better rabbits out there. Trust. Me.

Wanda said...

My six words?

I. Did. Not. Get. Full. Disclosure.

On another note...

"The recesses of my mind, which should be filled with useful information, instead feel as though they are sucked dry, swept by tumbleweeds and sun parched wind."

Your facility with metaphor and simile leave me astounded and envious.

meggie said...

'Life for Sale- Or For Rent.

I echo Wanda's comment about your way with words.

molly said...

Have seen this six word memoir on Thimbleanna's blog. Have it in the back of my mind. But, no explosions yet! Yours--very succinct.....

molly said...

Forgot to add, on the subject of bunny books---The Adventures Of Edward Tulane.

Kapuananiokalaniakea said...

Carrie,
In spite of that, you are one of the best listeners I know.

Wanda,
Would you have come if you did?
And, thank you.

Meggie,
Intriguing!
And thank you too

Molly,
When it moves to the front, I would LOVE to hear it.

And YES...LOVE Edward Tulane.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Thanks, Lala-La! You too!

Let's get together and "listen" soon, what do you say?

love.

Amber said...

Those are great words! "Plagued by Miracles" would be a great title for a book, or a memoir.

I would have to think what mine would be...

:)